Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Media & Me

Every time I turn on my laptop, I click on my Facebook bookmark and it sends me directly to my homepage. I don’t know what it is that makes me so attached to my cell phone and laptop. I always want to know what’s happening and who’s trying to contact me. I feel that if you don’t know what’s going on, society looks at you as if you are caged into your own world and a looser. Even with basic cable, watching daily news is a way people stay in the know and have the desire to always know what’s going on in the world and in society. I feel that cultural insecurities causes people to take what they find out from these social networks and allow it to change themselves. People follow the trends too strictly, always wanting to be up to date, which in itself becomes an addiction. I am not affected much by consumerism and following the trends. I am cheap and do not like feel obligated to look or do certain things. However, due to my obsession with social networks, I always tend to know what’s in and what’s not and make my decisions from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment