Thursday, September 9, 2010
Sleep
Ever since I was a young child, I was always a very hard sleeper. My mom would dress me while I was still sleep and I would not feel a thing. Even after she would dress me, I would still have a hard time waking up and would cry for sleep. You would think I would rather be dead. To me, sleep is temporary death. The only way I know that I am sleep and not dead is if I dream. Sometimes I think I would rather be dead, not to sound all emotional, but I’m grumpy when I have to wake up and sometimes I would just prefer to sleep my life away. Now that I actually have responsibilities such as being a full-time student and having a job, it requires me to actually wake up. This has been one of my biggest struggles for pretty much my entire lifetime. It is now becoming extremely important though. I do not want sleeping to jeopardize my job, or my grades. I have a class at 7:30am that I must wake up for and be on time for. I’ve been trying to find ways to wake up. I’ve even attached my phone to my head at nights, putting it on vibrate and loud. And even still, I slept right through the alarm. I don’t know what it is that’s making me sleep so hard. I thought before that I needed to have a baby, or be pregnant, because it seems that mothers sleep very light due to worry. At the moment though, that is not an option. So now, I am still in the struggle of finding a way to get on a healthy sleeping pattern to be ready and able to work early mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment