Monday, September 13, 2010
Woman
Who is to say what makes a person feminine or not? Growing up as a toddler and all throughout elementary school, my mother dressed me in loose fitting clothes. Back then, and for a child my age, this was okay. I still wore the typical female colors such as yellow, pink and red. As I got to junior high school, however, I realized that those types of baggy clothing weren’t the norm for girls my age. Even today, when I think of what I was wearing at 6 years old and look at the girls now, it is a drastic difference. The parents dress them in tight skinny jeans and mini skirts. So now as I reflect, I begin to think that society thinks to be a woman is all about sex appeal and showing off curves through clothing. It has been that way for a while, but now the thought is leaking into the minds of children. As a young adult today, I would like to say that it is not any type of sex appeal that makes me a woman but my courage and strength to face the world as a woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment